Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Calling All Manhattans: Spirited Remix

I’m in a major Manhattan mood, and have invited anyone else who wants to play along to send in a favorite recipe. DJ HawaiianShirt of Spirited Remix offered his iteration, and of his recommended bourbons, I realized I hadn’t had a Knob Creek for months. He suggested 3 to 1, so I made the base spirit a 2 1/4 pour to simplify the measuring. And it sounds like he likes to sling the Angostura bottle like I do.

cocktail

Manhattan
  • 2 1/4 oz Knob Creek Bourbon
  • 3/4 oz Dolin Rouge
  • 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. The DJ says he likes this with an orange peel as often as a brandied cherry, and that happens to be my own preference for the bourbon option.
SOURCE: DJHAWAIIANSHIRT, SPIRITED REMIX

Light orange candy from the twist and cinnamon spice on the front give way to autumn leaves and vegetal notes in this classic interpretation of, um, a classic.

2 comments:

  1. When I read "autumn leaves", I knew you got it right. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I've been doing 2:1 Knob Creek Single Barrel and Martini & Rossi. 2 dashes and, so as not the incur the wrath of Doug, stirred.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.