Monday, November 14, 2011

Bright-Eyed

You eat your vegetables? Me neither.

Kidding. In fact, I’ve been so into cooking different veggies lately that thought occurs that they ought to appear in more cocktails. I happen to have a centrifuge-type juicer for doing my own root vegetables and apples and stuff, though if I get lazy, there’s a place five blocks away that sells most of the ones you might expect: carrot, carrot-celery, beet, etc. I get the feeling after cleaning the juicer after carrots that I’ll be headed over to that store soon.



Bright-Eyed
  • 2 oz gold barbados rum
  • 2 oz carrot juice
  • 1/2 oz lime juice
  • 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
  • 1 oz spicy ginger beer (Fever Tree)
Shake all except ginger beer with ice and strain into a double old fashioned. Top with ginger and add fresh ice.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

The carrot comes through, nicely accentuated by the spices and the sugar cane from the rum, but keeps the vegetal thing and doesn't get too sweet.

2 comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.