Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pisco-Sherry Sour

Making a Pisco Sour last night was great, but I’ve already started to fiddle around with it. I substituted honey syrup for the simple, and changed the proportions slightly. Just for fun, I also added a little amontillado.



For two drinks:

3 oz pisco
1 1/2 oz lime juice
1 oz honey syrup
1 oz amontillado sherry
1 egg white
A few drops Angostura bitters for garnish

Shake hard with ice to foam the egg, and strain into chilled glasses. Decorate foam with a few drops of Angostura.

Rowen, Fogged In Lounge

The egg white had a little stuff in it that I wanted to remove, so I performed the dry shake operation again, and ran the drink through a mesh strainer.

This version is light and delicate as well, but the sweet-sour-strong balance is more to my taste. The sherry and honey harmonize nicely with the base. Now I’m curious to try using one of the aromatic varieties of pisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.