Thursday, April 15, 2010

Twentieth Century

My favorite vermouth for the Twentieth Century is Cocchi Americano, but I believe they had some issue with importing it lately. A friend told me he put a little Angostura bitters in his Lillet for a similar effect in the Vesper which seemed inspired, so I decided to try it myself. The dash was small enough that there was little difference in color, and the experiment was fairly successful on the whole.

Question: Any news of Cocchi Americano?



Twentieth Century
  • 1 1/2 oz gin
  • 3/4 oz Lillet Blonde
  • 1/2 oz white crème de cacao
  • 3/4 oz lemon juice
  • (1 small dash Angostura bitters)
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

Adapted from Ted Haigh, a.ka. Dr. Cocktail, Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails

3 comments:

  1. The Cocchi Americano arrives in NY early next week, rolls west from there. Give a few more weeks to show up in SF and other west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this drink is what Art Deco tastes like I wonder what Brutalism tastes like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can’t say for certain but I feel like I’ve have that too.

      Delete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.