Thursday, January 19, 2012

Penthouse and Attic

By a strange and wonderful coincidence, a bottle of ouzo was given to me by another colleague one year after the previous bottle. Santa must’ve heard I like anise or something. Whatever’s going on out there, I just wanna say to one and all that ouzo makes a fine gift. Really digging the ouzo.

Last year, I complimented it with dry vermouth, so I decided to try it with sweet vermouth instead. Again, it’s soft and elegant with a little vanilla note that’s rich without being too candy.



Penthouse and Attic
  • 2 oz dry gin
  • 1/2 oz sweet vermouth (Carpano Antica)
  • 1/4 ouzo (Metaxa)
  • 2 dashes Regans’s No. 6 Orange Bitters
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Lemon twist.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.