Sunday, February 7, 2010

North Beach Cocktail



This is a riff on the venerable Dr. Funk, though I wasn't conscious of that when I set out to create it. I was listening to the other Doctor Funk, Vince Guaraldi, and just picked up a bottle of Mount Gay Eclipse. Didn't occur to me in the least. So when the light bulb finally came on, it was pretty funny.

Not surprisingly, the Doctor makes an outstanding straight-up drink. I call it the North Beach for the Doctor Funk of my inspiration.

North Beach Cocktail

2 oz gold Barbados rum
1/2 oz lemon juice
1/4 oz grenadine
1 tsp Pernod

Shake with ice cubes and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

A tip of the hat to the creator of Dr. Funk, the great Don the Beachcomber

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.