Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer and Smoke: Smoky Margarita

We’re having one of our infrequent heat waves here in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I’ve been making intense drinks for the intense weather. Here’s a mezcal-scented Margarita, our recipe for chili night at the Lounge. You could go smokier here, but for this I like to use mezcal as an accent to the basic Margarita flavor.



Smoky Margarita
  • 2 oz reposado tequila
  • 3/4 oz Cointreau
  • 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 oz mezcal
  • kosher salt, for rim
Rim a chilled cocktail glass with cut lime and kosher salt. Shake remaining ingredients with ice and strain into prepared glass.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

2 comments:

  1. A bit of Mezcal is such a great way to spice up any tequila drink. I love the Vida mezcal, it's super smokey so a little bit goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to experiment with that one. I generally have to fool around a little with a new purchase before I know how much is too much.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.