Saturday, June 4, 2011

Basilisk

I’m on an herb kick lately. (Or do I mean a herb kick? I live with a Canadian. So confusing.) I woke up thinking about the ingredients of this cocktail, and headed straight for the farmers market.



Basilisk
  • 2 oz bourbon (Knob Creek)
  • 3/4 oz Aperol
  • 2 large basil leaves (use 3 if small)
  • 3 drops absinthe
In a shaker, muddle basil well with bourbon. Add Aperol, absinthe and ice. Stir and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. I garnished this one with a spring of basil flowers, though you could use a leaf too.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

1 comment:

  1. I was in such a hurry to get this up that I forgot the absinthe in the original post. But it’s there now. Only three drops, so I guess it wouldn’t be a disaster if you left it out, but it helps bring the drink together.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.