Thursday, April 7, 2011

MxMo LVI: Your Best

Many thanks to Chris, a.k.a. DJ HawaiianShirt of Spirited Remix for hosting this Mixology Monday. Chris wants us to post our best, and while I’m not sure which of mine I’d single out, the Lava-Lava is the one I liked working on best. I’ve made it by the pitcher for parties (limit: one pitcher per guest) and it’s a lot of fun. It calls for amber Martinique rum though another dry, woodsy amber like Flor de Caña 5 Year would be fine. For the mango, I developed the recipe around Looza, though it was great with one from somewhere in South America or someplace, maybe—can’t remember and never saw it again.



Lava-Lava

  • 1 1/2 oz amber Martinique rum
  • 1 oz dark Jamaica rum
  • 1/2 oz apricot brandy
  • 3 oz mango nectar
  • 3/4 oz fresh orange juice
  • 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Shake with ice cubes and pour into a tall glass or mug.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

I know it‘s early for Monday but he’s gonna try to taste them before the wrap-up. Urp.

2 comments:

  1. I remember you posting this before. I'm going to try it, though I need to get some Agricole. By amber, you don't mean the really dark stuff, right? You mean the élevée sous bois? I may not be able to get Looza. How's Goya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, not really dark. Saint James Royal Ambre is my usual. Never tried Goya mango. If it seems flavorful and not too sweet, it should work.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.