Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Fog

This drink’s bright and tart, and would be good pitchered with barbecue food.

“I never got the hang of the weather in San Francisco,” say my visitors. They seem sort of dismayed.

“Wear layers,” I tell them.

“Um, okay—” they sound uncertain. “Layers....”

“Yeah, you don’t wanna be out at sunset without a little jacket or something.”

“Uh, okay....”



Summer Fog
  • 2 oz light Barbados rum
  • 2 oz mango nectar
  • 1 oz lime juice
  • 1/2 oz Mandarine Napoléon
Shake with ice cubes and pour unstrained into a double old fashioned. Garnish with a lime wheel.
SOURCE: ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

1 comment:

  1. Working in the Sunset district of San Francisco, I am often dismayed by the weather. Typically foggy and misty when I get up, it clears off around 1 PM, then by the time I head home is clouding over again. It's like I'm being punished for having a day job. But, yeah, layers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.