Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sherry Cocktails

Sherry—so delicious! Only a few years ago was I startled to learn that others might not consider sherry a morning beverage. Can you imagine? Anyway, when I saw that the incomparable Frederic of Cocktail Virgin Slut posted a Sherry Mai Tai, I made it as soon as possible, and then made another. A sherry cocktail is probably going to be an easy sell around here. Wanting more, I was inspired to think of a recipe of my own using another favorite ingredient, apple brandy. It’s a bit like Todd Maul’s Joe Bans You, also blogged by Frederic. I feel a wine cocktail series coming on.



Muy Linda
  • 2 oz straight apple brandy
  • 1 oz East India Solera sherry
  • 3/4 oz lemon juice
  • 1 tsp orgeat
  • 1 dash Fee Bros Whiskey Barrel Aged Bitters
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
ROWEN, FOGGED IN LOUNGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.